Okay is it just me or has anyone else aged 23 and up started developing more maternal/paternal instincts?? I'm not trying to scare anyone.. but I've just noticed myself sympathizing more frequently with children. For example, watching the PVLL on the LLWS made me want to have a little boy who grows up to be just like those kids. In another instance, while watching CNN where they featured a story of a hs football star tackle a girl on the school bus as she was wielding and pointing a gun at the other children, I couldn't help but feel a pit in my stomach imagining if any of those kids were mine or how close that guy could've been to death had the girl shot him point blank. I also have developed more of a care and pride over my 6 year old cousin whom I've watched grow up daily since the day he was born.
In no way do I want to have children anytime soon.. at least not in the next 5 years (however that is sooner than I imagine). I'm just really curious if anyone else finds their mentalities evolving toward that stage in life. It's not something I'm constantly dwelling on of course.. it's just crossing my mind more noticeably in frequence.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment