I'm writing in a new year from half way across the world. The idea is a bit crazy! Anyway it's 2009 and I am in the Philippines. I'm having a great time, learning alot, feeling at home, nonetheless missing San Diego but a break is always good. I've come to the conclusion that the pace of life here in the Philippines is INCREDIBLY CHILL (i.e. slow) which is a positive thing however for someone like me who likes to pack in my time and always be on the go and in the middle of things it can make me quite restless. I've been able to shop til my hearts desire (shoes galore!), gain a billion pounds ( I am swearing off rice), and spend some quality time with family I get to see every 4 years or so. Tomorrow calls for more shopping. Wednesday and Thursday is exploration of those white sandy beaches and clear waters.. followed by a wedding on Saturday and then Singapore next week. I'm trying to make the best of this vacation before it's time to head back to reality..
Ironic enough, time goes by so slow here in the Philippines yet so fast. I could be doing absolutely nothing and bored thinking away and before I know it, it's late afternoon. I've read 2 books in my week here and will probably start a third soon. Anyway the irony in my idea is that it's very reflective of 2008. The year was pack with SO MUCH yet went by so fast! Well more reflection later.. I have a list of promises to myself which I hope to begin fulfilling this year as well as a bucket list I've decided to create. Til then Happy New Year!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment