Sometimes I have a tendency to have a more pessimistic view on things left to chance or ability. Hence, my opinions that I sell myself short.. always second best.. settle for less which is something I have definitely tried to change about my attitude in recent years. Anyway, yesterday was one such prime example where the power of positive thinking can really affect your outlook and in turn your "fate".
I've been dying to see WICKED forever.. tried entering the contest once before yet fail. I attribute it to the negative energy I exuded during the "lottery". So yesterday on a whim I decided to give it another go. Left work early to make it down to the Civic Center, cash in hand with no idea who I would be going with, for the one chance in 70 to purchase $25 front row tickets to Wicked. I did not have quarters for the meter prior to leaving work so I was loaned 50 cents. When I got to Downtown, I managed to hit mostly greens.. thinking I felt lucky today I exercised the "Secret" and kept the mentality that I WILL find a parking spot. After what I thought was a "cut off" by another car (which ALMOST brought me down) I changed lanes and saw a car leave its spot half a block away from the theater. I walked to the corner which happened to have just turned green for pedestrians.. got in line and submitted my name.
Time came to call out the lucky lottery winners. Watching them set the complimentary buttons out, the crowd grew tense with anxiety and excitement. I kept my cool.. played with my phone.. pulled my wallet out to the top of my purse JUST IN CASE I needed to access my money asap.. and just kept up hope. The first 5 names were called. At this point I began making mental notes in my head about my plans for the evening: Go purchase tickets for the show next week, go to the gym, 220 practice, business... When they got winner #7 I looked down at my feet... "Melissa Medina!". Shut up. I was genuinely shocked.. I wish I could've been more excited or at least had someone to share that excitement with.. so many thoughts through my head. They called me again.. and I looked around and realized that I need to go claim myself. "That's Me!".
I bought the tickets for $25 each and decided to call my original Wicked Musical Partner in lottery ...uhh crime(??) DeAngelo and offer the other seat to him.
Twas a good night indeed. From now on I'm positive.. thinking.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment