Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Goals

2009 was a big year. It wasn't spectacular.. but I really think it was a real kick to the butt of my growing up. I think I finally learned the roles of responsibility but I am really still harnessing this lesson. I nurtured relationships with my family and old friends as well as met and made many new friends. I think it'll be easier for me to list what I am thinking rather than put it into sentences:

-Visited the Philippines
-Got over a really difficult break up
-Made new friends & got to know many types of people (1/month goal)
-Put direction to my life plans
-Reinforced my San Diegan-ness
-Bought a car
-Got a new job
-Went to New York City

When I look back on 2009 those are the things that really stood out to me.

For 2010, my main goal is to really develop my independence and to keep my ball rolling. I'm still not quite sure what my life direction is supposed to lead me. I have a few long term goals, one of which is to live away from San Diego for at least 2 years. My mom gave me a book called "1001 things Teenagers Need to Know Before Moving Out". Granted I am not a teenager but this book does have some useful points.

Here are my 2010 goals for now:
-SAVE money.. seriously. No Joke.
-Lose 15 lbs. I know I'm not fat but I think this will make me feel more confident.
-Score high on my GRE test on May 22.
-Move out of my house by April-May
-Begin my MBA
-Take another self funded trip- Hawaii? Seattle? NYC again for sure. Chicago? Australia?..as well go on a cruise in the summer
-Continue to meet people and create connections

I don't like to set resolutions because I feel that these are things I should constantly be working on to improve myself. It's just a reminder that I have stuff to handle in the next 364 days.

No comments: