Lent seems to mark a reminder of New Year's Resolutions for people. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the difference between sacrifice and a self renewal in terms of religious observance. Lent is almost an excuse for people to make some change in their life.. a starting point to a time line.. versus actually making these efforts in recognition of Jesus Christ's sacrifice.
Now while I'm being a hypocrite and choosing things that coincidentally have some sort of correlation to eating habits, I've chosen things that will be quite the feat. I'm hoping that these actions will remind me of how to be grateful for the good in life, how to not overindulge, and how to improve myself as a Catholic.
-No Red Meat
-Limit Spending $$ on Fast Food
-No Rice (except Sundays)
-Lessen the alcohol intake
-Be more proactive in my grad school career start (GRE/GMAT diligence)
-Be a better person overall
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment