Friday, February 26, 2010

Reality.

The best comment regarding the UCSD situation that I have heard thus far-

"I grew up in Carson and Lawndale. I lived 3 miles from the epicenter of the LA riots. I even lived with my auntie off of El Segundo Blvd for 6 months . Being Hispanic in that neighborhood was tough. It's a tough life. I always joke that although I have degree from UCSD (Jacobs school 98 alum) my greatest achievement in life was making it out of my childhood alive. My oldest brother and cousin can't say the same. Although we associate Compton with blacks let's think outside of the box and throw out race. To mock to the plight of the people (black, white, asian etc.) of Compton is despicable. I only wish these frats could step outside of their sheltered La Jolla lives for a second to live in Compton. I wonder if a party mocking Compton would take place then."

Source: Campus Protests Break Out After Noose Found | NBC San Diego

No comments: